Monday, January 31, 2011

Hi! Now, tell me your secrets.


Many CreComms will remember the first-semester journalism class in which we watched a clip of Peter Mansbridge interviewing Diana Krall. We all took notes on what we thought were the strengths of the interview. Many of us noted Mansbridge's softball questions and his smooth transition between topics.

Steve assured the class that we would get there and that good interviews come with time and experience.

Anyways, I'm writing this reflective post because I've actually surprised myself with how much my interviews have improved in just a year and a half.

I walked out of an interview last week amazed at the conversation I had--a huge jump from the super awkward and rigidly rehearsed interview.

And the ultimate test of any great interviewer would be to professionally deal with this:



Jian Ghomeshi is a pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment